View previous topic :: View next topic  
Real people
I'm a NGE Premium Subscriber

PostPosted: 08 Jun 13 21:19
Post subject: Education Software Scam
Organisation name: CAMI Education software
Issue type: Complaint

Richard123

Am interested in the outcome of your complain against CAMI. What new laws Fair trading regarding cancelling contract especially undelivered or unsatisfactory service. Can you give me an update of your case.

It appears CAMI only wants your money after sweet talking you, they don't care if the customer is not happy with their service. Even if you don't use the program anymore because your not happy that they did not deliver to you expectation as promised. They still want your money thats all that matter to them. icon_sad.gif
Jyotika74

PostPosted: 26 Sep 12 16:23
Organisation name: CAMI and Ardent

Has anyone managed to get their issue resolved. Would want to know because I am losing my mind over this.
Jyotika74

PostPosted: 26 Sep 12 16:08
Organisation name: CAMI

These people are ruthless and cowards. Hiding behind their computers and ripping innocent parents off their hard earned money. I know because i am one of the parents who Cami is ripping off and making our life miserable.
shniz

PostPosted: 01 Apr 12 17:36
Issue type: Comment

Richard123, i am very suprised to see your post that you cancelled. while browsing through the comments i saw a comment of yours with nothing but praise for the cami system. about how your daughter would have failed maths entirely was it not for CAMI, and how you have had it for 2 years and its worth all the money.

Can i ask what changed???

also, i didn't quite understand - have CAMI cancelled your agreement or are you going to court over it??
Richard123

PostPosted: 16 Feb 12 18:47

I cancelled my contract by threatening fair trading and they are so scared of fair trading because of the new laws they just cancel the agreement. The lady on the phone tries to make you fell guilty about cancelling blah blah blah and i just insisted and called Faor Trading and voila it was cancelled. Under the new laws they cannot not cancel the agreement or otherwise they will be scrutiniesed by ASIC and the ombudsman and then it will be shown that what they are doing is pushing the boundaries of the law. Bring it on CAMI, lets have a challenge in court and see who wins.
liedto

PostPosted: 21 Oct 11 20:05
Organisation name: cami edu

To Whom it may concern,

I have friend who got tricked into this scam too... I feel she should not have to pay as a single mother fee's she was tricked into.. she thought she was helping her only child, but the sales person pushed her into the contract.. go to t.v and report them together... stop your direct debits
rikkimyers

PostPosted: 13 Sep 11 23:56

Traced it back to same ISP. Are the readers really that stupid. Do you own the server this runs on. Also I don't have a static IP so you couldn't trace me anyway. You really need to read the contract when you join. I am guessing your lack of interest in it relates to your inteligence level. It is a very worthwhile program for my kids. One has timing problems and the other is severely autistic, Intellectual Disability, GDS, Dispraxia and ear drums that are paper thin. He couldn't get the concept of the first letter of a word ut after using the pronunciation seemed to make the connection and got 10 out of 10 right in first letter of the word. He loves the adding and sutracting ut not the reading but is definitely improved. My oldest has used the CAMI tutors for 2 essays that he sent the topic to them 2 weeks prior and they helped him plan and write the essay. It is a bit like ABA therapy which I did for 2 years with him but he is over that now.
Irishjim

PostPosted: 13 Sep 11 09:16
Organisation name: Australian Institute of Education

Hey, a year later and we're still paying for Cami with the Australian Institute of Education. I spent $250 on a legal consultation to be told I didn't have much of a chance.

All I can say is, if someone knocks on your door or calls you up offering a free consultation just close the door/hang up the phone. Learn to be rude. I wise to god I followed my instincts and thrown the women who came to our house at 8:30pm at night out on her ass. She's ruined our lives.

And for the positive Cami comments on this website 'my son has Autism and it really helped', or 'The program has been a huge benefit, thanks Cami! <smiley face>', I saw several similar concepts show up on a blog about in home sales and the moderator traced them all back to the same ISP, so yes it really is the company behind Cami posting on these boards and others, they really are the unscrupulous.

I just wish we didn't live in a country where people can run a business like this.
rikkimyers

PostPosted: 28 Aug 11 19:11
Issue type: Compliment

We bought cami about 10 weeks ago and have found it to be very positive. I have a severely autistic child with Interlectual disability who loves PC. He is enthusiastic to do the program but can be hard to push him to do stuff he finds difficult which was the same issue I had when I did ABA therapy with him. My older son uses it too and is quite advanced in maths anyway but it is improving his speed and I have spoken to them several times to get assistance. It is $60 a week for the household so equats to $30 per chil for me which is equivalent to an hour or so of tutoring a week and I think we are getting a lot more benefit out of it. We are on a 18 month contract and was told if we did it for 3 years, there would be no more expense going forward. I am about to try and get some help of them for my oldest sons essay construction and will let you know how it goes. I know I am leasing the programs currently and I was clearly told the expense so I don't understand the scam part or thought they own the product.
truth full

PostPosted: 06 Aug 11 18:29
Organisation name: Education software binding contrractscam

Hello all who posted their experience with the education company online software fraud .I have just saved because of your experiences i have read otherwise i was going to sign the contract today before half an hour.But i after i read the complaints i just call the representative and said not to come.He was really upset .Thanks again and goodluck for all who get trap by them for come out.
Regards
belle1977

PostPosted: 22 Jul 11 20:52
Organisation name: Edufin - Cami Software

Hi Buddy1 and fincouns,

I was wondering what the outcome was of your court case buddy1 and fincouns if you have had any success.
I too was caught out with Cami, told we were purchasing software only to find out we are actually on a lease agreement. Couldn't get a hold of anyone, house was broken in to 2.5 years ago with computers stolen and have not been able to get anyone to come and sort it out. So we have been paying for this software that we don't even have and no one would help by putting onto the new computers. We cancelled the direct debit and hey presto, a letter within 2 weeks and a letter of final demand and threatening to take us to court. Funny how we couldn't get any help for software we didn't even have, yet miss a payment and they are on it straight away. Not sure what to do - does anyone have any advice?
bobaom

PostPosted: 15 Jul 11 10:20

Be careful with the cooling off period. You have to notify the company within 10 days IN WRITING. They count the day you signed as day one. We didtnt get the software till day 5. To make sure that the letter arrives you would have to post on day 6 or 7 depending on where you are. We are arguing with the company about whether we have notified them within 10 days or not. That in itself says alot to me about their real priorities given they are quibbling over a day or two. BE CAREFUL
B smith

PostPosted: 11 Jul 11 13:32
Organisation name: cami education

In 2009 we signed for the cami education package the sales girl was vey good in telling us how the program could help our children and the online support would be there for them. Two years later i ring to see how much we still have to pay seeing that the price of living has increased and we have trouble keeping our heads above water when it comes to the bills, to my surprise i was told that i had $6670 left to pay on a $7490 invoice. Now heres the scam its not the tax invoice or the amount on it you are paying for, its the payment agreement which states 48 payments at $60.50 which works out to be $12584.00. now that figure was not on the contract when we signed the women who came to our house wrote the figure of $12584.00 in later after we had signed because there is no way we would have bought it for $1200.00. Now cami have stated that we have to still pay them the money even when we argued the difference in both tax invoices, I have agreed to pay the difference but cami keep stating that we signed a contract. CAMI EDUCATION IS A SCAM GET A TUTOR FOR YOUR KIDS NOT THEM.
Chitter chatter

PostPosted: 06 Jul 11 13:39
Organisation name: CAMI Software

I recently had a CAMI sales representative in my home. He gained entrance into my home under false pretences. I had earlier been told after completing a telephone survey that my kids had won a free academic asessment and that they would be offered ongoing educational software and tutor support free of charge as the government were funding it. As you can imagine I was shocked when the topic of payment was bought up! They wanted on a legally binding contract $65 a week for 3 years. This equates to over $10,000!! For that price I could purchase a huge amount of educational software and the computers themselves. Once more the telephone tutor/teacher support that is offered is only available from 4pm - 8pm AEST which deems it pretty useless for those of us living in WA due to the time difference. There is also no guarantee that this software is Australian cirriculum based. It certainly has no Australian accreditation or affiliation. What annoys me most is the deceitful and underhanded way in which this company gains entrance into people's homes. I was very angry and asked the rep to leave. If this is the way in which they conduct their business than NO THANKS!! Please do not be pressured into signing up - my opinion is that they are shonky!!!
lucisaben

PostPosted: 20 Jun 11 11:46
Organisation name: Not Applicable

NGE Note: No advertising eusa_naughty.gif
DiggTechnoratiFacebookDel.icio.usStumbleUponMy Space
Go to page: 1, 2, 3  [Next >>]
Jump to: